The Report Manager feature is available to health systems with the Absolute Suite subscription and allows for managing report creation and data upload at the health system level. Within Report Manager, users can create a batch of reports, as well as upload consolidated source data files (General Ledger, Revenue & Usage, and Payroll reports). The source data is parsed out to each provider using an entity/company number mapping table, and data is automatically pushed out to each provider's report in Absolute. This allows for more automation and consistency across the health system.
The user must be a Superuser to have access to the Report Manager button on the Applications page.
Steps to add a new set:
- Click on +Add New Set
- Enter Set Name
- Clone providers from an existing set if possible. (This is not a requirement, but is recommended if a set has previously been created.)
- Select the FYE Period from the dropdown menu.
- Click the O to confirm.
Note: To edit a Report Set Name, click on the pencil icon to edit the name, and then click the O to confirm. To delete a created report set, click the X to delete and the O to confirm.
To view the options for the created reports, click on the report name. This will display options for editing a report name, unlinking a report from the provider, and viewing the linked report. When "View Report" is clicked, it will open the report in a new tab in the browser.
Steps to Make Changes to All Providers using Defaults:
- Click the checkmark icon next to Provider and all providers will be highlighted.
- Change the name of the report and click "Apply." This will apply the name to all highlighted providers.
- Change the date range by using the calendar icons and click "Apply." This will apply the date range to all highlighted providers.
Users can also tailor reports for each provider. There will be an option to change the individual report’s name, date, range, and prior year report next to each provider. This is useful if a provider has a different date range than others, in the case of short period reports, or for interim reports.
Ensure that the correct prior year report is selected to create the new report. This can be done by reviewing the dropdowns to view available reports to use as a prior year template for that specific provider.
After making any necessary changes, click "Create" at the bottom of the page. A warning message will appear to review all information and then click "Commit". When the reports are created the reports will appear in orange under Report Name. These are hyperlinks that will open the report in a new tab.
Steps to Create and Assign a GL Mapping Template:
- To create a GL Mapping Template, hover over the button at the top left corner of the screen and click on "Mapping Templates".
- This will open up the Header Mappings Template page. To add a new template, click on the "Add New Template" button.
- Insert a name for the template, and then click the green circle to confirm. Currently, the only template mapping that can be created is for the GL.
- After the template has been created, it will show on the main Header Mappings Template page.
- To update the template, click on the name of the template. This will open up the template for adding in GL Headers associated with the Report Manager GL.
- Click on "Add Header Mapping" to add in each header in the GL. The "Account" dropdown will allow the user to identify whether the header is an Account, Description, or Balance. In addition the number dropdown is used to identify the order of accounts that should be presented in Absolute.
- Click on the Green circle after the header has been named, assigned as the appropriate header type, and defined in order.
- After all headers have been created, hover over the Report Manager button on the top left corner of the screen and click on "Report Sets". Open up the associated Report Set, and click on the "Assign Templates" button. Click on the Mapping Templates dropdown, and select the associated Mapping Template for the Report Set.
Note: There must be at least two accounts created in the Mapping Template and a Balance for the template to be utilized for a report set.
Manage Source Data
Steps to Upload Source Data:
- Choose Data Type from the dropdown. (GL, R&U, or Payroll)
- Select the file to import by clicking the "Choose File" button. Users can then browse to the file location of the source data.
Note: All files MUST be uploaded in csv format.
- Choose Entity field from the headers in the report.
Note: Each provider MUST be identified by an Entity code or company number column for each report. Absolute will use this field to parse out the source data files by company number.
- Choose the Balance Field from the headers in the report. This field is used for verification purposes and can be a YTD total (GL), Total Charges (R&U), or Total Hours (Payroll).
Note: If there is an unmapped Entity Code, a warning code will display at the top of the page notifying the user that an entity needs to be mapped.
Steps to Push Data:
- Click the checkbox next to the source data for each provider that will be pushed out to each report. This can be done one at a time or in one large data push.
- Click Review Selections and Push.
- Review selections and then either click "Make Changes/Cancel" or "Commit and Push Data"